Friday 25 January 2013

Working 9 to 5......

Unfortunately working in Retail, the 9 to 5 routine is a pipe dream. It's very long days spent stood on your feet, working unsociable hours and often dealing with rude customers. January is notoriously hard as customers (rude or not) are few and far between after all the Christmas gluttony. So it was a nice change yesterday when me and my friend Wendy were able to dress the windows on avery quiet day, in the absence of our official window dresser. I have to say, I have a new found appreciation for the role. It's really tiring, the mannequins weigh a ton and some cost up to £3000 so you have to be really careful how you handle them.  As for the window scheme, you can see that we don't have one (disappointingly).  Some shops dress their windows beautifully but ours are so bare at the moment, it makes us look like a pop-up shop. It would be great if we had a decent budget and could do something really special with the windows but alas, it is not to be.





Miss Gemma Carey dressed the internal mannequins...the dress on the front has been a real hit.


You can't really see it but we put this necklace on the blue jumper. I love all the different shades of blue. It's really heavy so difficult to wear....but I would still try!



And this little beauty is a new line that has caught my eye for uniform (not that i can afford any!). I just think there is something very "old style" about it. The diamonte detail is so pretty and is really quite striking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment