Saturday 12 January 2013

Not dressed up but somewhere to go...


This is not like me at all but while I was rummaging in the wardrobe earlier, I came across a second-hand suede skirt that I forgot I had and I was determined to wear it tonight.  So, big family tea at Wetherspoons pub and no dress!   I also wanted to use my brown Louis Vuitton bag that was a gift from the lovely Mrs Helps at work.  Her husband bought it for her and not wanting to upset him and tell him she didn't really like it - she gave it to me!!!!  I still can't believe it really and I don't use it as often as I should.  As it is the plain "vernis" design, I was able to dig out my LV scarf as well. 




Shamefully, I cannot remember where I bought this skirt. I normally remember all my purchases and usually their cost, even if the item was bought years ago. I'm getting old. 


I bought lots of Amber when I went to Poland a few years back.  There was a lovely amber market in Krakow and the prices were really reasonable.  I think I bought about 20 pieces and didn't spend more than £30.


This is the bag! How lucky am I. 
 
 
I've added a better photo of the skirt "en question".  The previous one doesn't really do it justice. About 10 years ago I had a couple of suitcases of personal belongings stolen and my favourite suede skirt was in one of them (along with a couple of beautiful dresses and skirts that held special memories for me). I was heartbroken for months.  This isn't the same as my previous beloved skirt but it's a close second so I must dig it out more often.  Having said that, suede and British weather just do not seem to go well together.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment