Tuesday 1 January 2013

Thou SHALL covet.......

Not sure about you but I think 2013 is going to be a pretty challenging year for most in terms of disposable cash. I know that I face uncertain times regarding my job so the ability to be super thrifty will be even more important. I hope that some of my posts have highlighted that you can still find some lovely things that don't cost the earth as long as you give second hand a second glance. So, even if times are tough, if you are sensible in your purchasing habits you can still treat yourself now and again.

I have put together a list of items that I know I shall be "grazing" for in the charity shops next year. They have been on my covet list for some time but I am determined to hunt them out at rock bottom prices in 2013. The hunt is on and I shall keep you posted!

A black fake fur jacket. These are ten a penny usually in charity shops and its the right time of year to be looking. I had one when I was around 19 years old but someone spilt a drink down it in a club once and it was ruined. RIP. 

A long black tuxedo jacket. Again, I had one years ago although I cannot remember what happened to it. I know it was in the sale from Next and I loved it to pieces but alas, it got lost along the way somehow. 


 
A kilt. A bit mumsy I know but model Laura Bailey was photographed in one recently with a slouchy jumper and some biker boots and it looked really good.  I have always liked them and depending on how and what you wear with them - you can create several different looks.
 
 
Blue leather gloves. They have been on my Christmas list for a few years but Santa hasn't got around to bringing them yet.  I have some bright blue ones but I would love some navy ones.  I think they are pretty much the only colour I haven't got!

Tweed fitted jacket.  Don't ask my why, it's a strange one I'll grant you but ever since I saw the lovely Miss Hannah Lloyd wear one to work a few months back, it has been on the list.  Hers is lovely with elbow patches and everything.  Very Horse & Hound!
 
 
A cape.  Big one, small one, wool or velvet, I don't really care.  I have always wanted one since I was a little girl.  That's probably the best time to wear one really, not when you are facing the big 40 but if Carrie Bradshaw can get away with one....so can a slightly eccentric, fashion-mad English woman!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment