Wednesday 9 January 2013

Horrible Hunters

Now this will probably be John's favourite post. I can almost hear him sniggering. I have wanted a pair of      Hunter wellies since we got our gorgeous dog. The price tag is stupid, especially for someone that loves a second-hand bargain such as myself but I have lusted after them nonetheless. SO.........I made a pact with John that if I ordered a pair, to justify the cost, I would cut back on three things. Firstly, wine. A few less bottles this month could go to the Hunter college fund. Secondly, that I wouldn't buy any uniform for work in January (we get discount but we have to buy all our outfits which can be costly when you work full-time and get bored of your clothes quickly) and thirdly that I would not pay a visit to the post Christmas sales.  Now this is a tricky one but I was careful not to sas charity shops technically don't have sales, not all my vices were cut-off. The M&S final reductions notification may kill me though if I cannot run to the shoe department and fight off the other women hoping to bag some £3 beauties but I shall cross that heartbreak when I come to it. 

Anyway, with a nervous click of the mouse, I purchased my long awaited wellies complete with their Royal seal. BUT, to my horror.......these are what were delivered. Damaged box, muddy boots and splits on both feet. Shocking.  I ordered them from a website called Javari which I think is affiliated with Amazon as I had to order through my Amazon account.  So let this be a warning to any other 
"Hunter gatherers"......do not buy them from this site. I am going to compose a not so polite email to them so I shall let you know what kind of response I get. If any.

After this let-down and despite my initial lustings, I may just defect to Joules or Barbour now for  some wondrous wellies!









No comments:

Post a Comment