Sunday 27 January 2013

Gone to the dogs...

What a nice Sunday morning. My stepdaughter Keely asked if she could come to the vintage fair at Ashton Gate Stadium this morning, despite the fact it required an early start. I was quite chuffed that she was interested in coming really, she is turning out to be quite the thrifters assistant!

It was a relatively quiet fair today probably due to the recent bad weather and the fact that January is a pretty tight month for most people. So luckily for my purse (and John), there were hardly any clothes stalls....mainly jewellery, bric-a-brac, glassware, ornaments and the like. I bought some lovely bits of jewellery and stuck proudly to my £20 budget especially in light of my financial woes this month.

Before looking at those pics though.....check out all the cute canines that were there. The stall owners seem to be able to bring their dogs to work with them. How lovely.......Solo would be a great crowd puller. Not sure I'd get anything done though.


Definitely not vintage.




These two may look vintage but they were only 14 months old!


Not a dog obviously, just one of the many stuffed residents for sale.  Whatever floats your boat.

 
This was the first little beauty and a steal at £3. 

 
Another lovely ring for £3



This brooch is a present for the Mother in law.  She loves dolphins and wears lots of gold jewellery so I hope she'll take to it.

 
I thought this would look nice on the lapel of a jacket.

 
The style and colours of this remind me of Bath Aqua Glass. It's a bigger pendant than I would normally go for but with a nice v-neck I thought it would be a real statement.

 
This is a strange one but I just thought it was so unusual. Its a little riding hat and I am definitely not what you would call a "horsey" person but I had to have it. 
 
All these brooches....I am definitely turning into my mother!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment