Thursday 31 January 2013

Prelude to the best buy ever!

Yesterday was a momentous truffle hunt day and it shall go down in (personal) history. I haven't taken the relevant photos yet for a post but you will see why over the weekend! I just popped to the st. Peters Hospice in Downend, before starting work and it was there that I found my treasure......But, I also popped in to the Clic Sargent shop a couple of doors down and found this adorable little chair for 99p (there is a much better picture further down). I thought it was so unusual. You could put a little stand of flowers on it or a candle.....many little trinkets really. I wonder where it has sat before.



Whilst trying to take some arty-farty photos in the woods (to which I failed dismally) I also spied these mushrooms. It was so nice to see a little burst of colour in the oh-so green forest. 


And I also came across this tree stump that had been uprooted by the wind! It stopped me in my tracks. It's not a thing of natural beauty but I loved all the twisted lines of the roots.


Here is la petite chaise in all it's glory. It has taken pride of place  on the bedroom windowsill and for now, I am going to sit a miniature framed photo of my Nan on it. She always used to like sitting in the window and surveying all the passers by....maybe this way, she will continue. Miss you Nan.

1 comment:

  1. The red fungi are called Elf Cups ... they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete