Sunday 20 January 2013

Saturday night at the.........


Theatre! (well, not in the thespian sense). John and I went to see the comedian Jimmy Carr at the Bristol Colston Hall last night. He was so funny, a bit close to the mark at times but still hilarious. Unfortunately though we were so tired before, that we decided to have a doze before going out (we are so old) which didn't give us much time to get ready. So, I had to go out with my hair up (no time to wash it) and I never wear my hair up for a night out. Its strictly reserved for work, dog walking or hangovers, so needless to say, I do not like these pictures.



Anyway, I wore a silver lurex dress from Monsoon which is a shop that I love but I just wish their clothes were not so expensive. They make beautiful evening dressess and cocktail outfits but I only ever go in when the sale has gone to final reductions.


I also wore my new red coat that I got this week from the PDSA charity shop. Looking back though, I also took out my Maggie bag (not in the pic) and I looked like a First Lady! The coat has a very boxy 1950's look about it and with my little black bag, it looked so funny. A hommage to Jackie Kennedy.


I've pinned a brooch to the collar that I bought at the vintage fair last year. I'm sure its not real but I love it as if it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment