Saturday 12 January 2013

La Braderie

(Re-posted due to technical difficulties!!!)

Hey Everyone







I have jus been reading about an amazing flea market that takes place in Lille, in my lovely France, every September. For two days, the city is overrun with nearly 2 million tourists that come to "truffle hunt".  It seems to have everything from old furniture, books, vintage pictures, clothes and nik-naks. It sounds heavenly! My mum would love it so I think a trip might be in order for next year, although some serious spending money would be required and I am rubbish at haggling. It's a British trait!

FACTOID - apparently the origin of "flea market" is French.........marche aux puces. That surprised me considering that charity shops just don't exist there. Also, for the French among you - toutes mes excuses pour la manque des accents, le IPAD n'est pas bien pour ecrire francais!






No comments:

Post a Comment