Monday 14 January 2013

A good bottle and a good book.....

Evening!

I am not sure my 30 minutes of swimming will counteract all the naughty food and drink I have had this weekend. I think I used about 4 extra days worth of calories so unless someone is going to give me back those four days to counteract my downward spiral, I am guessing there's no point weighing myself for a while.

So, in a bid to be good, I have dropped some pennies in my lovely old whisky jar (rather than dropping them in front of the nice chap at Subway or the wine counter in Tescos).  I keep forgetting about this money jar.  I've probably had it nearly 20 years now, it was a remnant from a previous unsuccessful relationship - the best thing that came out of it really!  You used to be able to get them quite easily from ye olde country pub but they seem to be collectors items now so they are difficult to come by. I am glad I kept it though. I fear however, that it will never be completely full.  Not while we keep breaking into it for takeaways and beer.


 
These are some of my fashion books that I flick through for inspiration with a nice cup of Tetleys. There is a couple of great vintage themed ones - especially the Tracey Tolkien who is part owner of Steinberg and Tolkien in London. Now that is very high-end vintage, not really the level of second- hand that I write about although I would love a 30 minute trolley dash around that shop. That would be the stuff that dreams are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment