Monday 28 January 2013

Money bags!

Hi all!

Have a look at these  (not the lovely models).........


I went to a vintage fair with my friend Sue before Christmas and she bought some lovely pillowcases. It sounds a strange thing I know but the material was by popular designer Cath Kidston and Sue had an idea for them to be turned into some waist-tied money bags. 

In her spare time, she makes beautiful hand decorated glass products with a friend of hers and sells them at craft fairs.  So now she can stand at these fairs with her uber-modern money belt, selling her uber-pretty products. I should have taken a close up photo as they are beautifully made and backed with a really thick fabric to give them strength.  She has the lovely Linda Milliner at work to thank for the handy work. And I have the lovely Emma and Georgia to thank for modelling them at the start of their shift. Busy night obviously. 

I often wish I was more talented in the sewing machine department. It would be great to be able to make your own clothes or home-wares and have that rewarding feeling knowing that you have created something yourself. If I worked part time, I would definitely give it a go. Along with improving my painting, cookery, car mechanics and finding a cure for cancer. 

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I just found out that drawstring carrier bags "Money Bags" also happens in 2021, 2027, 2032, etc. It happens all the time not every 823 years.

    ReplyDelete