Sunday 30 December 2012

The Fosters Festive Challenge

Here we have it, the results of the Fosters Christmas Charity Challenge!

Just to recap, they each had a budget of £5 to find a "decent" present for a close family member from a charity shop. They had to put some thought into it, it wasn't just about a joke present that would either go in the bin or back to the charity shop. I think they did really well, especially considering that they are not a family that grazes much in second-hand shops! I hope they had lots of fun doing it. I think we should all have a go next year and I will definitely be suggesting it to my flock.

Take Note! This is a great time to go grazing as lots of people will be donating their unwanted gifts from Christmas to charity. It may be a tad early for some but if it saves you money, why not! I do lots of my Christmas shopping in the January sales and the money I save can then go towards other goodies.


I love this. Apparently it folds away so we aren't quite sure if it's a plant pot box or an umbrella stand or something else but it's lovely whatever it's use and it will look great just sat in a corner of a room.


An Art Deco vase for Emma. I love this, it's really pretty but then I am a massive fan of old glassware.


Presents for dad. Both brand new games.


Madame Foster collects wooden birds so this was a great find.



La collection, and all in support of great causes. Not just lining the pockets of a corporate fat.

Lesson learnt for next time apparently:  give yourself more time to graze. You can't just expect to find that perfect item the first time you go into a charity shop. You need to keep visiting and put some time and effort into your search., especially if you don't really know what you are looking for. 



1 comment:

  1. Long live the charity shop! I trawl them on a regular basis and have gained many bargains over the years.I think the best clothing find was a black Evans raincoat, so new the pockets were still stitched up. It retailed for around £60; I got it for £5.

    ReplyDelete