Sunday 2 December 2012

Freezing Festive Fashion

Well as is customary this time of year...the Christmas party requires a little thought.  And that means a dress. So.......it got me to thinking about all my favourite second-hand dresses that would be ideal for the festive foray!  So, here they are....some of my faves. You will have to excuse the pained expressions.....it was so cold !

This red dress is about 12 years old now. I found it in Oxfam in Weston super Mare and couldn't believe that it was my size. It's quite low and has a very high waist so it usually requires a jacket cover up! 


This is the silver lurex dress I bought at the Ashton Gate fair last month from Bexs Vintage stall.


This is a very old Dotty P's dress. It is a rather "safe" dress for me. I normally like things that are more quirky but I thought you can't go wrong with a black velvet dress.


This is a strapless jersey dress which is very plain but I love putting my favourite corsage on it. It's huge and not everyone's cup of tea but I love it so much. It's such a talking point! 

This is just a nice simple black cocktail dress that is easy to just chuck on without thinking. Its got a seam all down the middle and has puff-ball sleeves.  My shoes are second-hand too.....bought recently from the St Peters hospice.


I added my spider brooch to it to jazz it up a bit


My lovely chinese dress. And my lovely dog (although he's looking slightly porky in this picture!)

Now this is my step daughter Paige wearing my "margo" dress.  It reminds me of "Margo" from the 80's TV programme "The Good Life". Its the sort of dress she used to wear just for lounging around the house with her cocktail. A friend bought it for my birthday a few years ago and the waist is just that little bit too tight so I had to enlist the lovely Paige to help me out.  Oh to be young and slim damn it.

The shoes are old, from New Look about 15 years ago but I make sure I look after all my shoes!

 
Last but not least.....this dress is really textured and has a zig-zag pattern weaved into is that the photo doesn't really show. I put a peacock brooch onto one side as it needs a little bling. It was only from Primark and about £4 I think but it looks so much more, its just really heavy to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment