Friday 28 December 2012

A Very Merry Married Christmas



 
We took the tree down tonight, one big indication that Santa's turned his back and a gloomy January is just around the corner. This was my first Christmas as a married woman to the wonderful (but ever suffering) John and it's been a lovely "first". Made even better by the fact that while me and my very untimely cold were wallowing in the bath earlier, John hacked down the tree into bits, took it all outside and replaced it with this.........
 
 
 
This was my Christmas present - a mannequin.  It's something I have wanted ever since I was a little girl and at the grand old age of 39, the mannequin stork delivered one and I love her.  It's not a typical tailors dummy made of padded material but a wrought iron version that is more of a large ornament than one you might hope to see in the corner of Coco Chanel's atelier.  But I'm glad that's what he bought, it looks so beautiful at the top of the stairs wrapped in fairy lights (and it gives the lights a purpose after being dumped by the Christmas tree).  Now all I need is a chez longue and a dressing room and way too much time on my hands.
 
I hope there are others out there that are as happy as me this Christmas (snotty nose aside).









2 comments:

  1. Not that I want to be the one to criticise the lady with a French degree, but shouldn't it be 'chaise'? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! How embarrassing. £24k of student debt and I can't even spell one of my favourite words!

    ReplyDelete