Monday 10 December 2012

Box of delights

Bonjour tout le monde....

Since starting my blog, I find myself wandering around the house noticing more and more things that have come from charity shops that I had forgotten.  Take this  little gem for example. This was in the window of St Peters hospice on Lodge Causeway in Fishponds. I wasn't expecting them to take it out of display (as they don't always) but the assistant was more than happy to sell it. It is from Ted Baker and I think it must have had some kind of toiletry gift set inside originally but it was empty when I bought it.  I just love the colours in it. I would love a floaty summer dress in that same pattern.

I love all those 1950s style hat box shapes. If I was well-off, I would love one from Louis Vuitton, they do a gorgeous large red one.  I say that though, I am not sure I could ever justify the cost even if I was loaded. At the moment, my non Vuitton version's sole purpose is to house my wedding veil.  It got totally destroyed at our wedding evening party but I don't want to throw it out, it doesn't seem right somehow. As you can see from the last picture, it was somewhat abused by my husband.





1 comment:

  1. Love the colours on the box/bag. See what you mean about your veil, lol! Maybe you could make a miniature version of it to put in your wedding dress shop?

    ReplyDelete