Thursday 13 December 2012

In Vogue

Morning all....

Following on from my post the other day about second-hand treasures lying around the house, I found these pictures propped up against the wall in my hall upstairs. I keep walking past them and forgetting they are there which isn't good but John absolutely refuses to put any more holes in the wall to support my picture habit. We do have a lot but I love to collect pictures when I go travelling as a nice keepsake so the walls are littered with frames already unfortunately and when you live in rented accommodation, that's a lot of holes to replace when we leave.  So for now, they live on the ground but when John and finance allows, I shall get them framed up to their former glory and display them with pride!

The first two were from St Peters Hospice on Henleaze Road again, 50p each and the second were from a "brocante" in Cannes, France which is like a giant flea market. They have one every Saturday at the old town end of the promenade and its wonderful. My dream would be to one day buy an old, colour Louis Vuitton advert that I could frame up beautifully. There were some huge ones with old style travel art but they also came with huge price tags unfortunately. One day........





No comments:

Post a Comment