Saturday 15 December 2012

Picture Perfect

Following on from my post the other day about my second hand pictures that were around the house, I wanted to post some photos of all the pictures that I have collected while travelling. They are not second hand but they give me so much joy when I glance at them as I walk past and remember all the lovely places I have been lucky enough to visit. I hope you like them.....
 
 
 
I bought these two in the Cable Car museum in San Fransisco


 
These two were just cards in a shop in St Raphael, France where I spent the best year of my life as a Teaching Assistant. The first one says " there's no place like home" and the one below " live every day as a celebration".


This is one of my favourites as I love all the bright colours.  I got it when I was in the Carribean.  There are always lots of locals painting vibrant art like this on the beach. I could have bought so many but some were huge and not hand luggage friendly.

This picture is everywhere in France. On tablecloths, bags, pictures, postcards. Its just typically French and I love it.

This was from the Sunday market in St Raphael. Its a painting of the old port that I think I bought when my friend Jo came to visit me there. She also bought a lovely painting for her house.

These three are from Prague. Again, I love all the colours and although these photos don't really show it, the detail is so intricate considering they are quite small paintings. It must be lovely to have a talent like that.



 
This was from a small market in the Whitsundays in Australia.  Looking back I must have been mad because I carried it around with me hanging off my backpack for nearly a month but I loved the photos of Whithaven Beach. No picture I ever took would show the water and sands like that!

 
These two  I got in Florence at an Art market in Marco Polo Square.  The artist was handpainting them with watercolours as people were walking around.

 
And this................sits in my downstairs loo.  A reminder of my life before marriage! From the market in St Raphael again where you can have your name or any caption put onto these very french style road signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment