Wednesday 20 February 2013

Shoe Tree

I've been wanting to do this for a while but time has never allowed (my week off is becoming very productive....not). I wanted to try and dig out all of my shoes purchased in charity shops/second-hand emporiums. I am not convinced I have found them all (with over 150 pairs it takes a while to go through them all) but this is certainly a good start.
 
Going through them all though, it made me realise I have many, many gorgeous shoes (and even many more that I had completely forgotten about) and I just do not wear them. I stick to the same couple of pairs for work because they are comfy and dig out the same black heels for a night out.  So from this day on, I have vowed to change this "habitude".  More effort shall be made when choosing my chaussures in future.  The dust on some of the boxes was shameful.
 
 
 
My dancing shoes....or so the lady in the charity shop thought. She couldn't believe that I would wear them for every day use.
 
 
One of three pairs of second-hand cowboy boots - although they were not used when I bought them.  Still can't believe it really.
 
 
A lovely pair of brogue style heels. Very 1920's.


 
My friend Ewa gave me these and I think her mum got them for her in a charity shop.  I have yet to wear them, they are higher than they appear but if we every get some nice weather this summer, I shall endeavour to dig them out with a nice flowery dress.
 
 
My Puss in Boots boots!  Plum suede and very pointy.  It's fine.....I don't need my toes.
 


Love, love, love these but not yet had the opportunity to wear them.  The moment will come.

 
I have worn these to death since I found them last year at a vintage fair.  Favourite colour, possibly favourite boots.

 
Now these did have a big flap over the top that made them look like Pirate boots BUT....I unfortunately left them downstairs for the night and the wolf woke up and treated himself to a little snack.  Still wearable though thankfully, I love the fact they look so distressed. The leather is soooooo soft.

 
Cobalt blue, my colour of the moment.  Nice little girly bows too although I fear I am approaching an age where girly bows are questionable in ones attire.

 
Ahhhhh. My fail safe night out heels. Immensely high and definite bone breaking material but I always seem to walk more confidently after a glass of wine....or 4.

 
Again, another pair of toe crushers but great for the nice weather.

 
Another pair of beloved cowboy boots and again brand new when found. I am one lucky b$*&*.

 
These were bought 4 years ago in Cannes, France. My mum had flown out to visit me when I was lucky enough to live there and unusually for the French, a little "brocante" was taking place on the Prom, full of second-hand treasures.  They are completely flat and give me leg ache (I prefer a heel of some sort) but they are special because of the memory of where they were bought.  Home.
 

 
Last but not least, my pale pink Mary Jane's.  Very pale colour for me but I do have a couple of dresses that they look great with and they too were brand new in the box from Topshop.   The style is so feminine. I love the T-bar style.
 
So there you have it.  A respectable number of pre-loved/never loved until I found them, shoes and boots. No doubt the collection will grow in size, along with John's constant headache when he looks at all the shoe boxes slowly consuming the house.  He knew what he was marrying.....sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment