Thursday 14 February 2013

Hell for leather ...

Busy day off yesterday.....

A two hour walk with the wolf and young Miss Hannah Lloyd and her lovely mum. She has a dog walking company called "Wags & Woofs" in Bristol and she suggested we meet up so that Solo could have fun with the other dogs. It was lovely to see them all playing around, less lovely to clean him up after a two hour run covered in mud.

I then taught French in the afternoon to a great couple who always make it so much fun. I am sure I get more out of it than they do (not really the objective). But I also found time to start a picture that I wanted to do for my mums impending 60th birthday in March........AND, a little trip to the
St Peters Hospice shop in Cotham Hill, an affluent area of Bristol. I drove John into work so on my way back I decided to pay them a visit as I was in the neighbourhood. Conveniently. And look at what I found....


An inky blue long leather coat! It was £12 but there was a half price sale on all jackets and coats so I only paid £6 in the end. It has a certain "German Officer" feel to it but I still love it. It looks better done up but I had a thick jumper underneath so that wasn't an option. Incidentally, this is the jumper from work (Wallis) that I featured a while ago for uniform.


It didn't have any buttons so I decided to raid my sewing box, blow away the cobwebs and have a look at what was inside. I found some old buttons of my Nans that I decided I would stitch onto the coat and I am so glad I did.



And when I got to thinking about shoes, I forgot that I bought this pair from M&S ages ago and I have never worn them. Not sure why, they only cost £4 in the sale and they are a size 4.5 and I am a 6 but not letting that put me off, I tried them anyway and they fitted perfectly. They must have been sized incorrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment