Monday 11 February 2013

Fight or Flight?

Another week over....I just don't know where the time goes.  I am getting scarily close to my 40th birthday which I am mentally unprepared for.  I am slowly resigning myself to the fact that I can no longer prance around in my tutu thinking I am the West Country's answer to Carrie Bradshaw but I am not happy about that physical ageing process that is starting to become more and more evident.
 
Anyway, enough of that....I still have a few months to build up the botox fund.
 
Last night I suggested a cinema outing to John.  I love the cinema but he is less of a cinema buff (unless the film is starts with the word "Die" and ends with "Hard").  And despite the yawning and lack of obvious enthusiasm, I managed to persuade him to accompany me and we saw the film Flight with Denzel Washington.  Great film and very though provoking.  And even better - John stayed awake the whole time. A rare honour.
 
I had been at work all day so was keen to change and this is what I wore.  You can't really see the top very well thanks to the wolf but it's a  Topshop v-neck vest with lacy short sleeves.  It's quite plain but I didn't want to go to over the top.  I bought it some time ago now from a charity shop but don't wear it often as it has shoulder pads (that I need to remove) and John takes this mick.
 
 
What a gorgeous chap. He knew we were getting ready to go out so I thought I had better make a fuss of him.

 
This is my beloved leather jacket that is about 20 years old now. I remember buying it at St Nicholas Market in town on my lunch break for my first job. Its a lovely little covered market that sells all sorts of second hand goods but also a lot of local talent in the form of handmade clothes or jewellery. I wear it all the time.  It's starting to show the signs of ageing (as we are both) but I will never give it up.

 
Its really nice and fitted and the back has vertical folds which is just a nice touch.

 
This necklace I bought at Clovelly, a beautiful English village on the North Devon coast. I think it was around £15 but it was so different, I couldn't leave it behind.  The three rings make me think of John, me and the dog. John if you read this - notice I said you before the dog!!

 
These are the Topshop shoes that I found in the charity shop last year for around £7.  They were brand new and still in the box with tags. I was so chuffed. They were in the window too, I have no idea how they didn't sell straight away.

 
I have to say though, I seem to spend less time in high heels now (another sign of ageing!!) and when I do wear them, it takes some adjustment. I have given up wearing them for work. 8 hours stood on your feet in pain is just not worth it anymore. God, I never thought I would say that out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment