Saturday 16 February 2013

Merryment at the Masons......

At 5pm yesterday, after a tough week at work, that lovely feeling hit me.......that I have a week off.  Nothing quite beats that feeling, it's like waking up to the alarm early one morning, just to realise it's Saturday after all.  Perfect.  So, in true Merchant-Locke style, John & I decided to celebrate by a trip to our local pub - The Masons Arms. It is a proper "spit & sawdust" pub full of true locals that have been sitting in the same seat year on year.  John and I are relative newcomers as we only discovered it after moving here a couple of years ago. But, we consider ourselves properly initiated into the "clan" as John proposed to me (almost) in that pub but that is a story for another day.

One good thing is that it is dog-friendly so we were able to take Solo with us. Aways good for a bit of light entertainment with the locals.

 
This is one of the other items that I bought on Etsy. A silver satin shirt with tie. John was a bit surprised, it's a different style to what I would normally go for but I want to try and step outside my comfort zone a little and try some new things.  Looking back, even though I just wore it with jeans, it was probably a tad over the top for the Masons Arms.
 
 
This was the pic from Jess's store Volkerwandering on Etsy. I think it was around £6 from her store.

 
John with a well-earned beer.

 
My boy.  Carefully watching John's pint.

 
The landlords dog - she wasn't impressed with the arrival of a wolf.

 
These are pics John took when we were larking around. They get sillier and sillier as the night wore on but they are not all fit for public consumption.

 
We are bad parents (again). Last night we took the dog to the pub and this morning we took him to see Terry's burger van in Fishponds for a sausage and bacon hangover roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment