Monday 11 February 2013

Bristol Fashion Week 2013

Ok, so it may not be Milan or Paris but our little city plays host to Bristol Fashion Week twice a year and luckily for me, they take place at the Mall where I work.

Bristol Fashion Week



There is normally a big marquee in the car park outside where usually around 5 catwalk shows per day promote the new seasons trends from the shops at the centre. This year it's running from 20th - 24th March 2013.  Now I know it's not second hand or vintage items on show but our store takes part so I naturally take an interest. It's also been a bit of an annual pilgrimage for my mum and me for years now. We have a nice meal before and a glass of vino (and then wish we hadn't bothered when we are dying for the loo half way through).

I rarely buy full price items from the high street anymore but I still like to keep up to date with the new seasons trends. It's always interesting to see what is out there and after going to the meeting this week (where I was embarrassingly late and the celebrity presenter had already started!), I now know what is considered "in" for the spring/summer looks.....

  • Monochrome, specifically lots of stripes and spots (sometimes merged together in one look)
  • Taxicab yellow
  • Metallics and foil
  • Flowery graphic prints 
  • Bold colour block colours
  • White
  • Utility 
  • Oriental (but mixed with other prints such as tartan and check.......the jury is out on that one).
  • Barely there.....sheer tops exposing lovely lingerie 
  • Luxe leather
And as for specific styles.....
  • 1950's style skirts
  • Long maxi dresses
  • Tuxedo jackets (another of the items on my covet list!) 
  • Long sleeved dresses
Lots of styles for your truly! I love bright yellows although they are notoriously tough to wear depending on your complexion. Full skirts are a mainstay for me, black and white is classic and I love leather (not in a seedy fifty shades kind of way). So it will be nice to see what the shows have "in store" for us. Stay "posted"..........

 


1 comment: