Tuesday 19 February 2013

A Wife, the woods and no wardrobe.....

Day four of our week off and the sun continues to shine. I cannot believe it, it's such a nice change.

With my dog walking clothes in the wash and spending the day at home spring cleaning,  I took the opportunity to throw on something silly. This grey circle skirt is an old M&S classic that was £4.50 from the St Peters Hospice shop in Downend, Bristol. I still think it would be lovely with a white crinoline petticoat underneath and a pair of cowboy boots. I however, just quickly threw on the only  silver/grey item I could find which was a thin knit silver thread jumper and my black velvet jacket. 

 


I love this shadow shot. I am desperately trying to be more creative with my photos but it is difficult when a) you need someone to take them most of the time b) I am usually the principal subject in the shots and I still don't feel comfortable being photographed so much. I am not 19 and stick thin like many of the gorgeous fashion bloggers out there and c) I never have enough time to dedicate to my blog life. Real life always gets in the way. 


This brooch is so pretty. I am ashamed to say that I can't remember where I found it. It was definitely in a charity shop and I know I have had it a long old time. I remember wearing it to a lovely restaurant in Venice when I went away with my mum a few years back.


This is Elizabeth Somerset's monument in Stoke Park Estate near where we live. It's such a beautiful view at the top of the hill. It's such a shame it is marred by the M32 running right through the landscape.


Just gorgeous.

1 comment: