Saturday 2 February 2013

Mum's the word....

Hey All......

I have just spent my day off in Weston-super-Mare visiting my mum who's seriously under the weather at the moment. She had a fall at work and has been suffering ever since. She is on week 3 at home and I think cabin fever is starting to set in. So I popped down there in an attempt to cheer her up. I was determined to take her out for lunch (avec walking stick) and get her out in the fresh air and I am happy to say it was mission accomplished. And as irony would have it, whilst waiting for her prescription at the chemist, I spotted a charity shop across the road!

It was perfect. 10 minutes to kill....it was just handed to me on a plate.

But, I was there to visit my sick Ma' so I thought it only right that I got her a little something. And I found this......

She loves turquoise so it seemed meant to be. I would never have popped in if I wasn't waiting for her meds (we all know that's probably not true). Not only that, but it came with free medical advice! The volunteer in  the Weston Hospice  shop was very chatty and after explaining that the necklace was a gift for mum mum and why, she even shared some great suggestions for mums complaint, after years of suffering with the same thing! Genius. 

 
This little lady is mum's cat, Willow. 


As luck would have it, this little beauty called out to me also. £2.50 and brand new. I have posted before about my love of these type of bags so I won't go on.  I just love em'. 

 
And as for this young man......Busted! I gave him an extra long walk this morning to wear him out before going to see mum and I turn my back for 5 minutes to hang the washing out and this happens. Caught (again) on the bed.  I blame Doggie Day Care. She has beds for the dogs to lie on in her garage so he thinks it's ok! 


To be fair though, with that face....he pretty much gets away with anything. And what's the big deal, it was John's side of the bed.





1 comment:

  1. Did you tell him off? No, you went and got a camera instead - nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete