Monday 18 March 2013

Mum's the word....

What a week it has been.....

The closure of our beloved shop, uncertainty over my job only to find out last minute that I got the managers job in our new but much smaller concession shop within another store, followed by the opening of that shop and dealing with visits from bigwigs galore. Add to that an 11 hour day on Friday, many tired tears and a brand new job and new work colleagues to get used to......it is safe to say that I am a little brain dead.

That said I am so happy to have a job when so many of my Wallis family now face the horrid prospects of job searching and despite it not being my dream career, I am determined to give it my best shot. And on my first day, mum surprised me with an offer of lunch so I could escape the madness for an hour. And she reminded me that I hadn't yet posted about her beloved handbag that she was proudly sporting.


So here it is....a lovely little crochet and leather number from a charity shop in Weston-super-Mare. My mums bags tend to be like Mary Poppins. It is like the centre of the universe. Whatever you need or want, she will have the answer in her bag. I am sure it was her that came up with the fix for Apollo 13, purely on bits she found in her bag. 



1 comment:

  1. I saw your mum on the way out of the car park; so nice to see her again. Unfortunately, didn't notice the bag ...

    ReplyDelete