Monday 18 March 2013

Bag a bargain....


I have been neglecting my blogger duties of late so in a bid to search out inspiration, I raided my enormous closet with fresh eyes in search of forgotten treasures.


I must admit this was bought as a present and the non-recipient shall remain nameless but I couldn't bear to part with it so it now lives in my spare room along with the rest of my bag family. Deep red and brand new, it had my name all over it. I have no idea how I am always lucky enough to find so many brand new items in charity shops. I admit, the post Christmas madness is always good as there is a plethora of unwanted gifts so early in the year does prove fruitful but I still get amazed at all the newness that awaits me on the other side of that charity shop door.


I am a sucker for a satchel. This one is gorgeous dark brown leather from Fossil who are traditionally quite expensive. Their website currently has one satchel advertised and it is £169. I could buy 25 for that! It was only £3 and apart from a little wear and tear on the label label below, the leather is perfect and has that lovely soft, slightly worn feel to it. I am not sure how old it is as it has 1954 on the brand label and they no longer date their labels. I like to think its quite old and that it has many stories to tell but then I am just a silly romantic. 



I need to tell my mum about this one as I have been hunting for a grey bag for some time and I believe she has added it to a potential birthday list as she has heard me mention it so many times.  I have some beloved long, grey, leather boots that I wear to death and I have been searching for a suitable "partner" for them for a while. Whilst perusing the charity shops in Cotham village in Bristol, I came upon this beauty (£5). I normally like really structured, squarish bags but I quite liked the shape of this one so I happily adopted it. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a replacement for my charity shop find of some years ago, but I'm very specific in my needs. It has to be black leather, over the shoulder strap, and have a zipped front compartment that opens out into a purse with space for coins, notes and cards. That's what I have at the moment, and it's perfect for me as I don't have to struggle to remove a purse from my bag when paying in shops, balancing it on the counter whilst trying to remain upright with the help of my walking stick! Tall order? It has proved to be so far, but I'm ever hopeful. Over to you, Lou!

    ReplyDelete