Monday 18 March 2013

As is the custom......

 
I shall be writing a strongly worded letter to the Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs after my trip to the Post Office today.  My latest Etsy order incurred a £13.57 duty fee!!!! What a joke - the top barely cost that in the first place.  The lovely Mr Postie said that HMRC are clamping down and where they previously saw around 3 charges per week, they are now seeing around 18 per day.  Thankfully for my bank account, this will have serious repercussions on my ordering habits if I can no longer get a bargain from across the pond.
 

This is the sellers site on Etsy Closet Case Vintage.  She has some truly lovely things so take a look (as long as you are happy to pay Mr Tax Man!).
 
Anyway, this is possibly my last Etsy bargain and I love it.  A completely covered sequin top, not very fitted and quite boxy in style.  I normally go for things much more fitted but I really fell in love with this and when paired with slim bottoms, it looks lovely. I can't wait to wear it with my leather trousers.
 
 
The older I get the more I seem to be attracted to shiny, pretty, glittery things. I am going to be a little old granny in sequined cardi's with 20 cats roaming around the house. I can see it now.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love it - really my kind of thing (the top and the 20 cats!)

    ReplyDelete