Tuesday 5 March 2013

A little Tu-much?

It's done. Something that I have been working on for my mums 60th birthday this weekend. I seem to start all these arty, crafty things with no end date in sight but this I had to finish. Tomorrow me and my "piece" are off to the framers to add the finishing touch and then just a question of wrapping. Beautiful wrapping always seems to elude me though. I am no Kirtsy Allsopp that's for sure. Photos will be posted this weekend....

So here I am, job done and celebratory cuppa in hand. And what better way to say goodbye to the evening than with a "browse" on Etsy in search of life enhancing treasures.

And what do I find? A nod to my childhood (and teenage years........and 20's..............and 30's, and who am I kidding......almost 40's).


"Tutu adorablis"

I am and shamefully always will be, a sucker for a tutu. Alas, however, I fear that I am approaching a tutu watershed in terms of a respectable tutu-wearing age. I got away with one on my second date with John but she has since been placed into early retirement (only coming out at family party's for silly drunken photo opportunities, not mine I hasten to add). 

This beauty can be found at Tutus chic boutique on Etsy but she is not cheap. They make bespoke pieces aimed at weddings, proms and opera opening nights so the price tag is befitting of the usage.  Not for the pub in Chipping Sodbury or the Tapas restaurant in Clifton, both who have been graced by my tutu's presence.  

On that note, I shall leave you  as I climb the wooden hill to dream of glass slippers, handsome Prince's and kissing frogs. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment