Sunday 14 July 2013

What a year....

Exactly a year ago today, I was possibly having my first dance as a married woman at our wedding reception. I say dance....more like a drinken jig, not really worthy of Gary Barlow's lyrics. It was a truly wonderful day and the sun even came out.

Today I have been spoilt with two bouquets of beautiful flowers and a gorgeous new notebook. I certainly lucked out for this one. Paper is the traditional gift for your first anniversary and I am definitely a stationery fiend.




And as luck would have it, I happened to buy an enormous vase this week in Clic Sargent, a charity shop in Downend. It was £2.25 and still had the John Lewis handmade sticker on, so it was obviously brand new. What a find!

I wanted to take the opportunity to post a few of my favourite wedding photos from our perfect day. My dress was not second hand or vintage I am ashamed to say but I just knew it was the one when I saw it. It is now living in the kids bedroom, in perfect hibernation. I was tempted to try it on again but I know it won't fit now.....one day maybe. It is so beautiful and worth every penny.






No comments:

Post a Comment