Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mad dogs and Englishmen......


Our wonderful heatwave just refuses to end, thankfully for all our sakes. I think this weather has caught us a little off guard, especially the buyers at work who have been sending us heavy knitwear, biker jackets and lots of black trousers of late. 

So, what better way for me and hubbie to deal with the heat?.........a nice cold drink? A picnic in the shade? A lazy evening in the garden? No. A curry.

My friends at work have been trying to get us together for ages to do more social things, quite rightly so and any other time, an Indian would be top of the list but in this heat, I must admit, I wasn't my normal excited self for my beloved balti. 



I felt somewhat guilty also as I said I was going to dress up, thus forcing my friends to review what they were going to wear. I think Tracy was bullied into wearing a dress by the sad look on my face when she said she wasn't going to dress up. I must be a nightmare to go out with. And then there was John. Wonderful husband that he is, he did me proud in a stained t-shirt paired with shorts and flip flops. I give up.

Anyway, I wanted to wear something nice and bright so I grabbed my multicoloured second hand dress (originally from M&S) that I love. This dress was first featured in my "Mad Men" post a while ago. It has so many wonderful colours in it that matching shoes and handbags are a doddle. I found my favourite red handbag (also second hand), despite the small hole that continues to grow where ample stitching once lived.  I also chose to pair it with my new shoes bought in the charity shop in Wales at the weekend. Slightly on the big side......I swear my feet are shrinking. Proved also by the fact that I slipped and fell over on the way out of the restaurant. 

But John, if you read this, I stand by my claim that the floor was uneven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment