Sunday 28 July 2013

Give a little, take a little.....

Where to start....

Well....in the last two weeks we have bought a house.....almost lost a house.....got the house back and so on and so forth. The house buying game is fraught with stress and upset but that little ounce of hope just keeps you going. John and I have found our home. 5 bedrooms, garden for the wolf, decent local pub, at least two charity shops and an Indian within walking distance. All criteria met. And the cherry on the top? He is going to build me a dressing room. Yep, the stuff of childhood dreams. One of the bedrooms has been "gifted" over to me so I can finally  have my Carrie Bradshaw-esque dressing room. 

 These last two weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind so not much else has been achieved. The house is a tip, we have boxes everywhere and it is safe to say that we have pretty much given up on the housekeeping front. All that matters now is the next home and how we can mould it into our vision. And with that in mind, we are naturally going through a process of decision and extraction. Simply put....deciding which items of all my "crap" can be put out to pasture (John's term not mine). 

Last weekend we did a car boot sale which I will post about soon but the remnants and leftovers of what we didn't sell, were dropped off this morning at a local charity shop. We met a lovely lady who opened the shop just as we arrived and I managed to persuade John to give 5 mins inside as a compromise for giving so many of my own things away. And that was all i needed....

Brand new, size 6, Navy blue satin evening shoes...  £3.50. Sometimes I amaze myself at how lucky  I am. 


Now I am thinking of navy blue for my birthday party dress. I thought it was ridiculous to accessorise my dress around my ring, now I am considering accessorising around my shoes. 

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.....you are my only hope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment