Sunday 28 July 2013

2p or not 2p.....

That is definitely the question.


 I am still not quite sure how this happened and I didn't question Customer Services when they confirmed I could do this but these NEW shoes cost me 2p. Not £2 or £20 but 2p. The pair had been refunded at work when they shouldn't have been as one of our concessions doesn't take shoes back, not selling them in store.  The lovely BHS staff (who are now getting to know me only too well) notified me of the new arrivals in my size while pointing out that the price on the box was £.02p.

This cannot be true I said to myself. Surely a mistake? Or a lucky gift from the gods. Not wanting to abuse my position, I thought it best to call customer services and get confirmation of the price. After  a 14 minute wait on the line (so worth it), they said that I could, in fact, buy them at 2p. I didn't really understand their explanation as to why they were priced that way....something about the stock file being incorrect and they were no longer going to sell that particular brand on the Internet, but who cares!!!! I got a reference number so it was all ligit and I bought them quicker than you could say "how much??????".

I am one lucky son of a cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment