Sunday 7 July 2013

Une petite fleure en bleue...


I am definitely turning into my Nan.

Writing shopping lists on the back of old envelopes, enjoying the occasional tipple at lunch and wearing big style costume brooches. She had such a lovely selection and would never go out without some piece of bling adorning her coat or jacket collar.

My gorgeous and probably favourite brooch is currently AWOL somewhere in the house...I hate mis-placing things  at home. It just fuels Johns argument that I have too much crap (a somewhat whimsical attitude if you ask me, all my "crap" defines who I am). 

This brooch sang out to me in the  St Peters Hospice shop in Downend. Still in the box and originally from a lovely shop called Past Times that is sadly, now, a thing of the past itself. 

So, Nan, what do you think? I know you are looking down on me, gin and tonic in hand (and yes, I have washed behind my ears and my hair is nice and tidy!).


No comments:

Post a Comment