Saturday 27 July 2013

Forgotten Gems.....

How could I?



A new addition to the Merchant-Locke family and I forgot to post about them last month when I bought them. Shameful. To be fair, I have so many now that I regularly forget pairs and relive the surprise again and again when I re-find them. But these are relatively new so not sure how I missed them. I will blame the heat....it's turning lots of us into lazy, drained zombies. 

Anyway, these lovelies were £4.50 from the St Peters Hospice shop in Downend, Bristol. They were originally from Clarks, that British stalwart of comfortable footwear. I have many childhood memories (mainly bad ones) associated with Clarks as footwear for school unusually dictated that we shop nowhere other than this brand. Back then, they were not known for their fancy designs or lovely colours....black, clumpy and ugly were the buzzwords used to describe their shoes and mums across the land praised them for it. School was not an outlet for personal expression through fashion (apparently). 

That said, I still tried to turn up once, at the grand age of about 9, wearing all my Nan's bling that she had recently given me.  Diamanté, multicoloured bracelet and matching chunky necklace. It accessorised my bottle green uniform perfectly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment