Saturday 22 June 2013

Why so blue......



I'll tell you why.....

I weighed myself this morning and although I knew it was not going to be good news, having the 
Wii-Fit categorise me as obese, was a little tough to take. It is true that as we approach our first wedding anniversary, we have noticed not only our love has grown but so to has our waistbands. "Happy Fat" apparently. Not sure either of us are happy with out additional luggage so we have made a pact to do something about it. The goal is my scary birthday at the end of July. Even more of an incentive is this beautiful cornflower blue dress that I have bought for the occasion. I obviously didn't pay enough attention however to either the advertised sizes or my own incremental growth because it was a knee in the back job to try and secure the zipper the other night. Hence why I have posted the pics of the lovely Jess in her dress (and not myself) before I bought it from her site on Etsy


I was so excited when it arrived and it it such gorgeous material, it cannot hang too long in the wardrobe before it gets worn so I must work hard. It is certainly not wearable as is (I am ashamed to say). It is definitely harder as you get older though to achieve any weight loss or toning without the aid of a Navy Seals style trainer, which I do not possess. I am very self disciplined when it comes to spending ....always searching out the ultimate bargain and not wanting to spend (or waste) too much money, so why can't I be equally as dedicated to looking after my weight and health. Laziness? Probably. Procrastination? Definitely. 

Well the gauntlet has well and truly been laid down now so let the Hunger Games begin....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment