Sunday 2 June 2013

Sequins on a Sunday?

Why the hell not.......

After an afternoon of water fights in the sun with John and my stepdaughter (and some very excitable local kids that gate crashed), it felt only right that I should change into something a bit special. And dry.  We thought we would take Keely out for tea tonight to make up for being boring parents this weekend.  I worked yesterday and other than the watery activities this afternoon, we haven't done a lot with them this weekend. So much so that middle child left us this afternoon for a better offer. And then the was only one.

I'm glad I dressed up to be honest. I have neglected my wardrobe of late as I am continuing to put on weight and not much comfortably fits really. I really need to do something about it, it's just so much easier to do nothing and just moan about it.


Anyway, this gorgeous top was found on Etsy from Lions Mane Vintage . I paid around £15 for it but considering its totally covered in sequins front and back, I think that was a good price.  It came from the same lady that I bought my beautiful black velvet dress from a couple of months back, I just hadn't worn this item before. It works better with black jeans but they have moved to the back of the wardrobe until i can actually do them up once more.

 So my love of sequins continues and just like when I was a little girl, they still hold the power to make you feel instantly Princess-like.

And here is my Prince, once more stealing the limelight.








No comments:

Post a Comment