Thursday 6 June 2013

Pretty Paillettes

The girl just can't help it. I am like a magpie to all things shiny.

This top (originally from River Island) was also found in the same St Peters Hospice shop as the Mac in my previous post for the grand sum of £3. It's a tad reminiscent if Studio 54 but what the heck, isn't that the essence of retro, something that harks back to a different era? It may be a while though before she struts her stuff under the disco lights although having said that, my friend Jo and I are definitely overdue a cocktail or two. Between my unsociable hours at work (and the fatigue that usually befalls me afterwards), and her globe-trotting, we rarely get quality, girlie downtime together. Anyway, I digress......


Sometimes items smothered with sequins can be really rough but this is so soft to the touch. Even John was surprised (yes, I made him feel it). It is also adorned with cute little buttons all down the back as an added detail. I am not sure as yet what I will wear it with. Te leather trousers are a no I think (a little too much mutton and not enough lamb). Maybe some black, slim, cigarette pants or even my Ali Baba trousers......


No comments:

Post a Comment