Saturday 3 November 2012

If you go down to the woods........

Morning Charity Shop Chics!

Hope you have all had a good week. I have been playing host to a horrible cold all week but I have not let it dampen my spirits.  With that in mind, I was determined to make the most of the fact that I finished work at 3pm yesterday and decided to cheer myself up by visiting the St Peters Hospice in Bradley Stoke (Baileys Court). I came across it by accident, giving a lift home to a friend the other night.

Now, I know that not everyone is into second-hand shoes and there are some seriously dodgy ones out there that you wouldn't even touch with gloves on BUT - there are some great ones to be found if you are prepared to put in the effort.  I always put innersoles in them anyway and use a deoderising spray anyway.  Having said that, most that are on display in the charity shops now are in really good condition. 

Its in an odd location really. Behind a pub and the only other shop I think is a hairdressers.  That said, it was a little jewel.  Its quite small but there were some big treasures to be found!!

 
I know, I know......animal rights will not be happy but I couldn't resist it

 
These little babies came with their own fancy Topshop shoe box - brand new.  They are baby pink which isn't normally my colour but I have a dress the same colour from M&S so I will probably where them together and accessorise with black.

 
I couldn't believe I found these.  Roland Cartier pumps with cut out detail - £4.50!  They are new-ish but defintely have that vintage feel to them.  They look very 1950's and make me think of 1950's American housewives, baking pies in their lovely prom dresses !

 
I think these are from New Look and have that brogue look about them - £4.
 
I feel very happy with the fact that I (for once) came clean and told John about my purchases (well most).  He only knows about 2 pairs not 3 and I forgot to mention the old vintage black velvet dress that I may have also bought - pics to follow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment