Sunday 25 November 2012

All that glitters......

Now, I blame my friend Sue for these purchases as she suggested that we go to the vintage fair together at Ashton Gate stadium. I was going to drag John along and if I had, I would have bought hardly anything as I would have been hurried along anytime it looked like I was getting my purse out! Having said that she knocked down the price on a few of the items (something I have never been able to do). My face lets me down unfortunately. It gives me away too much when I grin from ear to ear and race over to see something so the stall owner knows damn well that I have already fallen and will probably pay full price regardless. I had a lovely time though....not many clothes stalls at all this time. It was mainly jewellery, bags, household items, badges and pictures.   I went with the intention of finding a brooch to wear on a black dress for one of my Christmas meals.  Its a lovely long maxi dress with gathering on the side and I just wanted a statement brooch to pin there. 

It looks like I spent a fortune but I didn't.  I spent less than our meal for two on Friday night.  Does that justify it?  Probably not.



How lovely is this? I am sure its not real - not for £5 anyway but I shall wear it with pride!
I love the simplicity of this brooch.


I can't wait to wear this, its so unusual. I have often seen snake brooches but never with a gemstone in its mouth
 
This reminds me of the shape of the sentinels from the film the Matrix! I thought it was unique with the side droplets.  Sue seemed to think it was very "Butler & Wilson" in design.
Now this little beauty is a bit of an oddity as I HATE spiders.  I had been known in the past to move out for a couple of days if there was a sighting of one in my flat but I couldn't resist it.  Its on a long chain at the moment as a necklace but I'm going to cut it off and wear it as a brooch on the side of a dress. Although it would look nice I think left as a necklace if you had a backless dress and wore it as a back necklace.
 
The one item of clothing I bought (it was all about the jewels today).  I feel a bit guilty as Sue loved it too but all's "fair" in love and shopping. It fits like a glove and will go perfectly with my green cowboy boots (bought at a "brocante" in the South of France).  Love it!

 
This is what I wore....my favourite leather jacket which I think I bought about 20 years ago and its still going strong.  Its got lovely pleats all down the back.  My favourite cowboy boots that were £6.50 from St Peters hospice and a cream vest and Wallis jeans.  Dog?  He stayed at home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment