Friday 22 November 2013

Take a seat.....



Ok, this is getting slim pickings now. 

My charity shop "splurges" are becoming few and très far between as the house and all it's glorious little jobs are keeping our bank accounts very busy. So that leaves me pondering what could I have bought but not yet bored you about and I forgot about my lovely little telephone table that I have proudly placed in our hallway. I bought it months before we moved house, from the British Heart Foundation  charity shop in Weston super Mare. I say shop, it's more like a warehouse full of kindly donated, pre-loved furniture for super bargain prices. I thought it was a lovely little piece that would fit nicely in my vision for an eccentric English home, full of mis-matched items that serve as quirky talking points. It is in lovely condition, possibly mahogany, that appears to be straight out of an episode of Upstairs Downstairs. 

Only problem being is that it fits perfectly in a certain place in our hallway but that place is nowhere near the phone point for which I had hoped it would be used. I have this idea of an old vintage french-style phone in cream being our phone of choice. That is still the dream, we just need to think about logistics. 

And possibly long phone cables. 

The house is coming along slowly. I am trying to ignore John's recent comment about the fact that we possibly have around 4 years of work to do. We have finished our dining room (banqueting hall) so that it is fit for Christmas Day at least. I will post some pictures soon, we just have a hole in he ceiling to sort first!  Other than that life is becoming a big blur of work, Christmas lists, commuting issues and other mundane time fillers. Not the most exciting time I must admit but I am still incredibly happy to have a home with my Man (and the dog of course). All the other dull stuff pales into insignificance really. After a difficult year for so many people that I love, you have to remember the things that count. Home, family and a Smeg fridge.....constantly stocked with chilled wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment