Friday 22 November 2013

I should be so lucky......


Woe is me. This weekend is my first weekend off with John in ages and it will be my last, at least for a few months, as I have recently been given the unwelcome news that I now have to work every, single Saturday. Oh for the joys of retail management.

Of course I am very happy to have a couple of days with John and my boy, BUT.......Lou Lou's Vintage Fair is coming to Bristol tomorrow and every fibre of my being is telling me that I must go. Every minus digit in my bank account however is telling me otherwise. It only visits Bristol twice yearly and I was working for the previous one so I already feel that I have missed out somewhat. It's such a lovely event. Housed at the glorious Passenger Shed at Bristol Temple Meads, for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, it is transformed into a vintage utopia. There are hair stylists, makeup artists, what feels like hundreds of stalls, vintage music and live bands. It's all there, right down to the 50's style cakes in the cafe. I love it and could happily while away several hours there rummaging.

One thing I would like to improve however is my bartering skills. They are non-existent and I have even been known to end up paying more than originally stated. Shameful.  Anyway, I don't think there is much hope of me going. We have an exciting date with B&Q....and jobs galore to follow. None of which include anything vintage or second-hand. However....a girl can still dream. And if I was  to be lucky enough to go....I would wear.........
This lovely full skirt with black ribbons stitched all over it. It makes such a lovely swishing sound 
whenever you move (a pre-requisite for any skirt of mine).  This came from St Peters Hospice months ago and is actually a size 16 but I am never put off by a big size rail. It's always worth having a look.....sizes differ so much between brands and although bigger than needed, it sits nicely on the hips. I think it was around £4, originally from Coast.

And, I would have paired it with his soft white black and white cardigan. Also originally from Coast, but bought from  a charity called the Shaw Trust, which is a great charity that helps disadvantaged and disabled individuals get back to work. 

So, not really the GI Jane 1940's look with a victory roll as per many a vixen that will be at the show,
 but girly and vintage none the less. And instead of this, I am set to wear my scruffy stuff, ready for whatever DIY dream job john throws my way. Still, not the end of the world. I could be at work this weekend. Happy days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment