Sunday 7 April 2013

Happy Feet!



After nearly 20 years of obsessing over shoes and wearing them wether they are comfy or not, it is a real joy to actually put on a pair that feels amazing! I have never worn a comfier pair. 

Now it's been a while since I have bought any shoes (well, a while for me anyway). I had a particularly sleepless night earlier in the week which I blame for my petty extravagance. As much as I love my new job, I am finding that sleep is eluding me somewhat as I struggle to switch off. So after an hour and a half of wide-awareness, I gave up and got up. A cuppa, a read of my book and a play with the dog later, I logged onto Facebook in the hope of other night walkers. Nobody was awake unfortunately but some suggestions came through the next day as to how I could relax more. 

No tea, Kalms before bed and a nice bath were on the list. But my personal favourites were......yep you've guessed it........Shoe shopping. I have never been one to turn down helpful advice so the following day, I took myself off to the lovely village of Westbury-on-Trym for a bit of truffle hunting. And......I found these lovely toe warmers for £7, originally from Office. I shamefully cannot remember the particular charity that was behind this shop but it's always a joy to pop in. There is a gentleman that volunteers there that has some type of mental illness and I think you would honestly struggle to find a happier person. He is an absolute joy to talk to and makes visiting there a wonderful experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment