Sunday 15 September 2013

Wot Not!

There is no better way to spend a rainy, already hungover, Sunday afternoon (in my book) than a good old rummage at a reclamation yard.  And even better, I managed to persuade John to accompany me, that way I know I won't be able to spend much. Ideas of the new house are occupying my every moment so my hunter gatherer instinct is on red alert.

Wot Not is a great little yard out in the lovely north Bristol countryside.that is full of everything you never knew you needed. From rugs to jugs, clocks to pots, signs, blinds  and the occasional rabbit hutch thrown in for good measure.  I love it and came away with just what I was looking for. 

And then some. 


I have always wanted one of these etched mirrors....one of Chanel or Louis Vuitton would be a gem but for now, I am more than happy with this little Martini mirror. It used to be my drink of choice until an ex-boyfriend introduced me to his drink of choice......wine. 


This ceramic painted shoe weighs a ton, it would make a great doorstop for my dressing room to be until John reminded me that there will be no door, only a doorway. Still, it will sit proudly on the floor.

And this? This is what I have been after all along. A footstool. I am going to revamp it somewhat (well hopefully Mum is), with a bit of wood paint and some lovely new material ready to be showcased in our new lounge. 


So there we were, driving home content with our purchases until we stopped off at my sister-in-laws. I mentioned the footstool and would you Adam and Eve it? She had one upstairs, unloved and forelorn waiting for a slightly nuts and eccentric young lady (I'm using artistic licence), to adopt it. 


So, we now have two footstools to lovingly restore. But that's ok, all these projects will keep me busy and out of trouble. And out of the charity shops......John hopes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment