Wednesday 4 September 2013

Where have you been all my life?


I am not sure whether to be surprised, shocked or in awe of my Mother for introducing me to  pinterest. For those of you still living in the dark ages as I have evidently been doing, I beg you to take a look. 

It is a website that is made up of photographs, sort of like an on-line global album full of pictures to inspire, to provoke and perhaps to make your day a little better. I have been particularly interested in  the DIY/Crafts section and it is amazing because a lot of it is based around what you can do with reclaimed and pre-loved items. Right up my second-hand street! Who knew there were so many things you could do with old glass jars or wine bottles? And the list goes on from transforming old and decaying furniture, re-using an old trampoline, ideas for old bric-a-brac and crockery. I could go on all night.

I absolutely love it. It's not about buying anything, it's just about idea sharing, putting your thoughts out there into the void and seeing what the rest of us may do with them. You can select subjects that interest you and either just enjoy them for what they are OR as I've done, you could chose to become a magpie and steal some ideas for yourselves in the knowledge that maybe, just maybe, one of these ideas may just enhance your life a little bit. It could be how to make an ideal kids toy, how to take that perfect sunset photograph or just a cute photo that may remind you of your first pet in some way. It is truly inspiring and I am addicted. 

You can save any pictures that you love to "boards" and I have posted a link to my own personal inspiration board below. A lot of what I saw and saved, inspired me to do some arts and crafts today of which I shall post about later but for now, please take a look.......


Where will you let your ideas take you.......? 

No comments:

Post a Comment