Tuesday 10 September 2013

Oh what a perfect day...

My day off last week was spent with my lovely Mum....craft Oracle extraordinaire.   Lots of craft projects were planned although without actually making the effort to collect all the necessary utensils from the relevant craft shops, our "plan" was somewhat limited to what we could produce from  around the house. And by house I mean my house, the one that is constantly shrinking ready for the move. That said, we had a very productive morning. A wonderful walk with the wolf on the fields near me, lots of tea, one picture for me, one potential cushion cover for mum. Oh, and lots of chatting about more ideas and what we would like to do without actually getting any closer to doing them !


This is was I created. Using one of my mums large selection of cutting tools, I cut out lots of bird shapes from coloured paper and using glue dots, placed them on a piece of card. I was quite pleased with the outcome for a first attempt, and love the raised effect of the cut-outs by using glue dots. I will re-post a picture once it is properly framed. At the moment am just enjoying playing around with art to be honest, I know I am no Van Gogh but surely we all have to start somewhere.  Anyway, I will keep posting about my art ideas and my projects so maybe you can be the judges.  


I had such a nice time this morning that I felt inspired to buy a few more art bits this afternoon. Some tissue paper, crayons, sticky lettering even some clothes pegs etc, etc, etc....so stay posted for the final results. Good or bad! 


One of my ideas involves these poker chips and the sticky lettering. No judgement please ....not yet at least. 


And this is what I am going to try and attempt with the crayons. Although I am now suddenly not so confident. Apparently you just add a warm hair dryer and a steady hand





No comments:

Post a Comment