Tuesday 3 September 2013

Escape to the country...

As moving house draws ever closer, our current home becomes more and more bleak. Rooms are being emptied, furniture dismantled and the garage is getting fatter with all our boxed up goods. So this morning I decided to escape for a while rather than watch John take down another wardrobe. And what better place to escape than the giant car boot sale on the edge of Bristol. I was quite restrained however as I only took with me £15 in cash (so as not to collect too many things that I know would just push my  long suffering husband over the edge). But as it turned out, I needed a lot less than that......look at what I managed to buy for just £5.


This end table was £1 and I still can't believe it. I have big ideas for this. I'm either going to do some kind of painting on the top or a mosaic design, not sure which. Below are a couple of ideas that I liked from Google. I am not sure mine will be as impressive but the intention is there!





 These beauties were priced at £3 but due to a tiny mark on the inside of one of them, the lady sold them to me for £2.50. She actually had two similar pairs and just never got around to getting a refund on them.  Lucky for me as they are brand new. Love them, love them, love them.


And I also found a scrabble set (something I am always on the hunt for). I'm going to start making lots of pictures out of the letters, I just need to invest in some box frames but something tells me this isn't the right time to be replenishing the house with more items. Not if I value my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment