Thursday 8 August 2013

The treasures of Clifton Village...



The day after my birthday was spent with my friend Jo in Clifton village. Clifton is a lovely area in Bristol full of independent shops and uber-trendy cafe bars. It's probably the most desirable area to live in the city with lots of old georgian mansions, private parks and tree lined avenues. I love it there but it is not somewhere that I go very often unfortunately so I was really pleased when Miss Foster agreed to accompany me. 
 
We had a lovely lunch while catching up and then went trawling around all the charity shops to see what we could find. It's always a good idea to visit charity shops in the slightly more affluent areas as the finds are often more up-market. The yummy-mummies and rich older ladies get bored with their designer items very quickly and tend to donate some real treasures.  Not only that but the standard of shop is even better.  A couple that we walked into could have been mistaken for some super trendy boutique, they were truly lovely inside. Cool and bright with everything tidy and on modern fixtures.  It's a really nice shopping experience.

 
These photos were taken in Clifton Arcade, a small arcade in a lovely little street full of vintage shops ranging from furniture and mirrors to huge costume jewellery.  You (I) could literally spend hours in there going through all the hidden treasures.



 
I didn't find anything in the Arcade as my favourite shop was closed for some reason but I did find (surprise surprise) a pair of shoes.
 
 
These navy shoes were originally from Zara which is a really nice ladies clothes store. They were £4.50 in the Oxfam shop. Apart from a couple of scuffs on the sole, they look brand new. I was very pleased with my purchase. Add those to a pair I had for my birthday, the ones I found just before my birthday, a pair I obtained from swapping an unwanted present etc etc....I think I managed to get around 5 or 6 new pairs last week.
 
Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment