Monday 26 August 2013

If its good enough for Kate......


I am not ashamed to admit that I have a bit of a girl crush on Kate Middleton, our lovely Duchess of Cambridge. I think she is the archetypal English Rose with flawless looks and that oh so annoying perfect, bouncy hairstyle. But she is also a great ambassador for British style and the British high street. Despite the relatively new opulent lifestyle that she has been welcomed into, she still manages to "keep it real" by championing British high street stores such as WarehouseWhistlesLK Bennett and Reiss.



Now it is true that these particular "high-end" stores are a far cry from my usual charity shop haunts but I was lucky enough to receive some birthday vouchers for my beloved TK Maxx that stocks cheap designer and high street one-off's. I had planned to keep the vouchers for something for our new house but unfortunately this Reiss dress got to me first on the way to the home department.  It is a tad space-age in design but looks lovely on (or will do once I ditch the enormous shoulder pads lurking beneath). I would never normally shop in any of the afore-mentioned shops due to the prices (and the scary sales assistants) but I can appreciate a lovely piece of expensive clothing when I see it. You can really tell the difference in the cut and the quality. And thankfully I didn't have to pay anywhere near the original price as this cost me £15 of my vouchers.  The original price? £179.00.

Sadly while we are in the transition of moving from one house to another, nights out are few and far between but that's ok......a special occasion (requiring a very bright dress) will unfold and then I shall call upon her......



                     

No comments:

Post a Comment