Monday 26 August 2013

Potty about pottery...


Now this isn't the finished article but just a quick snap of a wall plaque that I have done at pottery.  My mum is addicted to this new "paint your own pottery" place in her home town of Weston-super-Mare and I have accompanied her a few times recently. 

My first attempt was of a peacock that I saw on a greetings card, so I put my own twist on it and had a go at painting it on plate but it has been packed up with the rest of my life ready for the move.  So no pics to show you as yet but I have to say I was really pleased with it and will find somewhere to hang it once we've moved. At the moment I am looking for inspiration everywhere to help me with art ideas, whether that be snapping a design on a card in a shop or circles on a tree stump or cobwebs in the rain. I am trying to really open up my eyes to beauty that naturally surrounds us but that we sometimes miss and take for granted. 

The plaque above will be hung as you walk into our new home in Wales. The wording means "good morning" in Welsh. I am determined to learn a few words and phrases before we move, although as John keeps pointing out, the area we are moving to is full of English people taking advantage of the cheaper prices, we haven't heard one welsh word on our visits as yet! 

My mum has also called me to say that the Welsh dragon didn't come out quite bright enough after being fired in the kiln (the picture above is pre-fired), so I need to pop back to give it a couple more coats of paint and it can then be re-fired. I painted what I thought was about 5 coats but there is no point in having a pink dragon. I don't think The Welsh population would be pleased with an off-colour dragon.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I want one with a dragon on! And you won't hear any Welsh in Rogiet, lol! Have to go to north Wales for that ...

    ReplyDelete