Friday 16 August 2013

Living in a box...

Well the enormous task of packing for the house move is in full swing and as more and more boxes are sealed and labelled, my heart gets a little heavier. I never knew that packing up all my belongings would be so stressful. I am just waiting for John to turn around and say that the house move is delayed......by 10 years, just to have used it as an exercise to downsize my wardrobes and shoe collection.

Without my shoes around me I am like Samson when his hair was cut off........or Ant without Dec.........chips without tomato sauce. Basically, I am no longer whole.  What John doesn't know though and I can say this safely as he is too busy at present to read my blog, is that I have amassed around 7 new pairs since operation "condense crap" commenced.






The photos above show only the contents of half of one of my four wardrobes. 

No judgement please.

 My life is being slowly reduced into cardboard and shifted into the garage.  That said, when the dressing room is created at the other end, they will have a much better home. And although excited, it is going to be a mammoth task and not for the faint hearted. I am going to aim for Christmas to have it all finished and operational but even that may be ambitious. It's not really priority when you consider all the other necessary tasks and DIY jobs that will be waiting for us.  But I have never been one to shirk off a challenge and I cannot wait to see what it's going to look like when finished. 

Champagne for the opening ceremony I think!




No comments:

Post a Comment