Sunday 1 November 2015

To the Manor born...




Just a quick post today....

I am hiding from my kitchen builder duties. Between us there is so much dust, you would think it was Halloween today not yesterday. John even has a lovely white sprinkle of dust on his eyelashes. Very becoming. 

 It was my stepdaughter and her boyfriends 4th anniversary recently so we used that as a good excuse to take them out to the Celtic Manor which is (too conveniently) down the road from us. And this was the dress that I bought at Lou Lou's vintage fair last month so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to wear it. Some of the diamanté elements are missing but I had an idea of just painting the holes where they were once stuck with silver nail vanish and it seems to have done the trick (in lieu of finding exact replacement studs). 

I feel a bit guilty as I told Paige to dress up as the Celtic Manor is posh. It's not really 'posh', people still go into the restaurants in jeans but of course I like to dress up. So, she bought a beautiful dress in the sale and looked incredible but the minute we walked into the restaurant and realised (of course), that we were the most overdressed of all it's occupants......she was not happy. 

A great night was had nevertheless, even if Isaac and myself were both caught napping on their grand sofas in the lobby bar towards the end of the night. At least my excuse is age (coupled with too much food and wine). 

Not sure about Isaac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment